The June 2015 issue of Light Metal Age has launched! The digital edition has been released to subscribers and the print edition will be shipped next week.
On the cover: The London Gateway Port Terminal in Essex, U.K., utilizes an external frameless aluminum curtainwall system that allows sunlight within the building, reducing reliance on interior lights during the daylight hours. Daylighting is just one of the ways aluminum windows can improve the environmental performance of a structure in the aim to construct zero energy buildings. (Photo: Sapa Group.)
Feature Articles include:
- Designing Buildings for Energy Efficiency: The Role of Aluminum Windows in Sustainable Design, by Kevin Widlic, Sapa Group
- Whitehall Delivers Tight Tolerance Precision Parts to Automotive OEMs, by Andrea Svendsen, Managing Editor
- Kizad – Vertically Integrated Cluster Strengthens UAE’s Aluminum Industry, by Andrea Svendsen, Managing Editor
- Development of Innovative Aluminum Alloys for Production of Overhead Electrical Conductors, by Sambor Waszkiewicz, Mirosław Ożóg, and Łukasz Wodziński, Boryszew S.A., Modern Aluminium Products, and Piotr Uliasz, AGH University of Science and Technology, Non-Ferrous Department
- Defects Affecting Extruded Surface – Pick-Up, by Jerome Fourmann, Rio Tinto Alcan
- Global Lightweight Vehicle Manufacturing Summit, by Lynn Brown, Consulting Collaborative
- Sustainability Stewardship in the Aluminum Industry: Interview with Catherine Athènes, Constellium
- Winners of the 2015 Aluminum Extrusion Student Design Competition
Other editorial includes:
- ALUMINUM USA Debut in Detroit
- New Equipment Spotlight: Harnessing a Force of Nature to Improve Coil Annealing – Vortex Flow, from SECO/Warwick Group.
- Lightweight Matters: Floating Aluminum Bridge
If you would like to receive a copy of the April 2015 issue, as well as future issues of Light Metal Age, subscribe online today!